Just started with Mobile Flightdeck VFR. Great App and happy with it, BUT: iPads tend to overheat and shit down from time to time or they may go bust for whatever reason. If that happens I would really like to have an (electronic!) backup. A lot of other systems (e.g. SkyMap) can be loaded on your iphone as well, which then serves as a backup (exactly the same content on it). When does Jeppesen come up with sich a solution? As long as there is no backup I cannot start using Jeppesen as the only map on board.

Rgds, Stephan

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Stephan,

I experinced the issue with "iPad overheating" only once this summer. If the iPad is not placed into direct sunlight for hours, this should not happen. 

Mobile Flightdeck VFR can be activated on two devices per service (iPad or iPad mini). The two installations are intended exactly for this purpose: To have a backup option.

Having the option to use an iPhone as a backup is on the list for future releases. However, a release date for that is not yet finlized.

For the Mobile FD VFR team,

Markus

Hello Mark

Thank you for your reply. I hope including the iPhone is high on your list since I assume that many people have an iPad and and an iPhone but hardly anybody has an iPad and an iPad mini. So for the time being only very few people can actually benefit from your backup-solution. You would definitly reach much more people if you would provide that possibility for the iPad/iPhone-people.

Thanks and kind regards

Stephan

Hi

A couple of months have past since your announcement. Are there any news?

Kind regards
Stephan

Dear Stephan, 

thanks for your input regarding a backup-solution on the iPhone. We definitely see the need for this. However, the implementation of an iPhone version is not expected within 2014. This year we are focusing on multiple additional requested features for the upcoming releases. We will see multiple new coverages and features within the next months. The process depends on the extra capacities of the entire team. In the meantime, enjoy the new elements which will be coming in Mobile FliteDeck VFR !  

For the Mobile FD VFR team,

Ahmad

Stephan E. said:

Hi

A couple of months have past since your announcement. Are there any news?

Kind regards
Stephan
Dear Jeppesen Team

I have seen that the Garmin App which is now available for Europe can be used on the ipad and on the iphone. How can it be that a company like Jeppesen cannot provide such features (which should be fairly standard) whilst your competitors (e.g. Garmin, Skymap, etc.) have such features from the beginning? I really like your app and would like to keep on using it; but your "evolution speed" really is quite slow. I hope this will change soon!

Kind regards
Stephan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

119 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service