Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 17161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am also enjoying version 2.0. I have put it it to work, use my aircraft partly for business travel. I usually have a lot of flexibility but I often have to commit to being somewhere at a specific date and time. I used the new tool last week on a Monday to estimate potential for a vfr flight on a Wednesday and found the predicted conditions and actual conditions pretty close. Currently I am looking at another trip Tuesday. (btw, if the weather had turned out uncooperative I would either have rescheduled or just taken the car). this is a really handy tool.

Claudio in the post above was asking about a desktop version. For Aopa members in the US there is the Jeppesen flight planner free to members The appearance of the charting is similar to the mfdvfr. the user interface is quite different.

Hi - after long time I have to raise my voice again:

Although I have not flown too much this year, there are some things to say about JEP Mobile FD VFR

on the positive side: The new weather visualization is definitive a differentiator (especially the resolution grid) - well done!

Taking the wind aloft into flight-log fine - but can I print the flight log ? Other then screenshot & print photo ?

Regarding the map-coverage: The east of Austria (Slovakia, Hungary) is still "white" like a sea-map of the 14th century. I cannot believe that its not possible for a company like Jeppesen and a product with European subscriptions not being able to provide map data for these countries. Not to mention about Macedonia where I will go this summer.......

So: 2 years after release - I still cannot use FD VFR as the only tool for flight planning and navigation - thats annoying!

regards

Gerhard

PS: Fully support the topics from Claudio

Enjoying 2.0 and the ability to predict future VFR conditions a couple of days out anywhere,  very useful, and so far, appears to be pretty accurate.  Its a "keeper".  But technological change and equipment in the market place is relentless, and Jepp needs to look at how to integrate their products with inflight weater receivers.  By way of example:

Flying I normally have a Garmin 396 on the yoke connected to SXM satellite weather,  mainly for radar and METARs.  The IPAD is on the opposite yoke turned towards me.  Most of the time, MFDVFR is running on the IPAD.   Two things have happened which are going to cause some changes in this arrangement, first,  my SXM weather receiver "puck" is as old as the 396 and the wiring is getting bad causing intermittent loss of signal, so its time to replace it.   A new receiver is a few hundred dollars and once replaced, I still have a $50 a month weather subscription to SXM.  Instead of going this route, I decided to buy a stratus 1 ADSB-In reciever, which are now selling  for under $500 new,  which gets me free weather and costs less than a new SXM reciever.   The weather data however can only be sent to Foreflight on the IPAD.  On fair weather days I can use MFDVFR but as we get into warmer weather, I am going to need that radar display, and will be running Foreflight on the IPAD.   Suggest Jepp up its game so to speak and start figuring out how to integrate MFDVDR with inflight weather data.

Not sure what I am going to do with the 396.  Its been a solid, single purpose,  built for an airplane and the cockpit machine,  and my confidence in the hardware,  despite having bought it in 2007, is higher than the IPAD, which I view as an all round consumer device.  I am reluctant to let it go and give primacy to the IPAD.  The IPAD is too big for a yoke mount in my aircraft anyway, am considering replacing it with a IPAD mini which would fit better.,

Dear Mack,

Thank you very much for this thorough feedback. Our team is aware of the fact that in-flight weather service such as the ADS-B is, could become the key differentiator in the Mobile Solution aviation market. There is no doubt about this, however right now we cannot state with certainty if and when ADS-B is going to be integrated into Mobile FliteDeck VFR. Our highest premise for all decisions regarding new features was, is and will always be a streamlined workflow for pilots and continuity in our interface philosophy. This requires the support and hard work of the entire team and hopefully leads to a satisfactory result. Please keep on monitoring jeppesen.ning.com for any changes with regards to this topic and/or feel free to contact us anytime.

For the Mobile FliteDeck VFR Team,

Ahmad   

Hi,

is there anywhere a timeline, look at planned features or anything else where it is possible to see what we can expected in the next and future releases?

Currently it is very very disappointing for all of us. We see a lot and fast devlopement on the other competitors solutions. 

We, as actual customer of Mobile Flite Deck VFR, don't know what we can expect in the near future (for the actual season!).

So, we pay always anual fees, the switch to other solutions is easy, but i dont want to go away. I love the Jeppesen Maps. But please, inform us more detailed, involve us in the plannings. 

The Weather feature is fine, well done. But personal for me and surely for a lot of other pilots i have seen no significant improvements for my needs, from my personal point of view. Still the same as last year.

Would be great if you can give us more information about your future plans and timeline (and a timeline that is realistic ;) )

Michael

Many thanks Ahmad for the reply.  I continue to be impressed with the VFR forecasting weather feature.  Used it extensively this past weekend on a trip from central Florida to central Alabama.  Used it starting a few days prior to departure to better estimate whether leaving Friday or Saturday was more practical,  and for also planning for the return, which indicated a Sunday relocation Alabama to western Georgia prior to coming back to Florida was warranted because of incoming weather.  It was fascinating to go on the trip and see how the real weather played out,  the forecast best times for flight were spot on as were anticipated areas of low ceilings in certain places  and times on the return. That alone makes the app a "must have".  You guys need to play up the marketing of that, it is the single best most useful piece of future flight planning I  have seen.   hope to see you all at Sun N Fun next month.

Thats the good news.  The not so good news is that because of incoming rain showers and forecasted areas of low ceilings,  I needed to have inflight weather data running,  and had to use another product for that to take in the data from the Stratus receiver. MFDVFR was off for the entire return trip.   Its a shame because I really prefer the Jepp vector charting instead of the raster sectionals the other app uses.

Hi Mack,

Thank you for your continued feedback. Please ask for me personally in the Jeppesen booth at Sun 'N Fun (Hangar C). We'd like to thank you in person as well.

Regards,

Scott Greenfield

Hello, i know, i might be lonely, but i prefer if FD VFR is not going to be overloaded with gimmicks as i saw/see on other tools.

One of the thinks i like to see is the Vertical Profile. The rest is nice to have, but not worth if the systems gehts slow.

My 2 cents...

Regards

Lucas

Dear Jeppesen MFDVFR Team,

I just wish to add my complete agreement to what Michael says in this post.  I am exactly in the same situation. Still loving the Jeppesen App, but actually switching between MFDVFR and another well known software product.  And not even getting an answer, an opinion, maybe "no", or "no we are not planning that for the next 2 years" to my updated enhancement list.  I took the time to write it down and illustrate it, for some reason!  

In the meantime I have been flying again, and I have to say that I experienced another crash of the application, this time just after starting and I really could have used it, if it had worked.  iPad mini, only application running (not even CloudAhoy for flight recording!).  I cannot recall perfectly the exact sequence of actions that preceded the problem, but I believe that the first symptom was the small plane disappearing from the screen.  After that the App closed and the iPad went back to the home screen. I had to tap the App again, wait that it started again, tap the folder where I had stored the two flights for the trip, and tap the "right"one.   That takes time and distracts the pilot from other tasks (although of course I did this not in one single action, and was actually continually looking out).

Anyway keep up the good work and if I could dare:  "communicate" !!!

Best regards

Claudio

Michael Frank said:

Hi,

is there anywhere a timeline, look at planned features or anything else where it is possible to see what we can expected in the next and future releases?

Currently it is very very disappointing for all of us. We see a lot and fast devlopement on the other competitors solutions. 

We, as actual customer of Mobile Flite Deck VFR, don't know what we can expect in the near future (for the actual season!).

So, we pay always anual fees, the switch to other solutions is easy, but i dont want to go away. I love the Jeppesen Maps. But please, inform us more detailed, involve us in the plannings. 

The Weather feature is fine, well done. But personal for me and surely for a lot of other pilots i have seen no significant improvements for my needs, from my personal point of view. Still the same as last year.

Would be great if you can give us more information about your future plans and timeline (and a timeline that is realistic ;) )

Michael

Hello Lucas,

no you are not alone, even if I am one of those "flying programmers" :-) that do request enhancements, I agree with you. The "other software product" that I mention in my posts, a very well known aeronautical navigation app in the german speaking part of Europe, is so full of options and gimmicks, that every time I use it I have forgotten the half of them!!  But the Jeppesen Application is actually not complete, as it is.  Most of what I am requesting (and others pilots too) could be optionally turned on and off with a settings panel.  And if an option is turned off, the additional CPU that it takes is really marginal, at least if it is well programmed.  

Lucas D said:

Hello, i know, i might be lonely, but i prefer if FD VFR is not going to be overloaded with gimmicks as i saw/see on other tools.

One of the thinks i like to see is the Vertical Profile. The rest is nice to have, but not worth if the systems gehts slow.

My 2 cents...

Regards

Lucas

I fully agree with Lucas. Don't overload the app with gimmicks.

Still a absoulte must have in my eyes is the possebility to share the own flights between 2 ipads.
I'm flying fully electronic, with a second ipad as backup. So after planning my flight, I still have to do the same work again on the backup device. With a bluetooth or cloud or airdrop syncro feature this would be a lot more comfortable.

And I completely support the request of Philipp!  Especially now, after that the Apple Store replaced my iPad due to hardware problems.  This means loosing all flight plans and pilot data and aircraft profiles.  A cloud storage would have been a big advantage.  

Philippe Seiler said:

Still a absoulte must have in my eyes is the possebility to share the own flights between 2 ipads.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

119 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service