Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 17157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Clem,

I don't think you get the point and, to be brutally honest with you, I refuse to discuss on this niveau.

Tobias

Clem Schmidt said:

Admitted: There are many ways to fly in an non-legal way, e.g. without a valid medical. Who cares if you are not being controlled??? This argument is nonsense.

Regards,

Clem

Tobias Goeller said:

Hi there,

To be brutally honest: Nobody cares about what navigation tool you use as long as you don't fly into a CTR or TMA or into another controlled airspace without clearance. Nobody.

And if you fly there you don't get bonus-points for using Jeppesen FliteDeck VFR.

after 3 years of supporting Jeppesen FD VFR i did not renew my subscription this year.

There are a few reasons, 1. i fly less this year, so i had to make a wrap up about how mutch Nav tools should cost/year and  2.i always had EVFR as backup, since this year i have it on Ipad and Android available, for the VAC is always had Jeppesen FD with the VFR EUR charts, so perfect back up with 1 Navigation tool who has the vertical view, and this combination works well. 

I also have my doubts how long Jeppesen will support the FD VFR App as since a few days you are able to us the mentioned VFR Charts with the Garmin Pilot app.

I might come back to this, this must been said, otherwise great navigation tool, for me it would have been perfect with the vertical view. I always felt very comfortable with it running on my flights around Switzerland but for mainly in Europe.

Best regards

Lucas

Dear All,

I am using MFD since two 2,5 years. I did several cross country flights but also flights within the EU with using MFD as primary navigation aid.

At start I was impressed by the application and it's charts. But after 2,5 years it really seems to me that Jeppesen fails to get the final 20% implemented.

When I read that there will be no updates planned for this year I regret that I just extended my MFD license subscription.

In particular I am missing:
- store flights in the cloud to exchange it with my second tablet
- create a briefing pack
- create a flight plan and submit it to DFS
- weight and balance calculation
- GAFOR routes through the alps

Especially the last feature ruins my day with MFD and let me purchase SkyDaemon. I hate SkyDaemon for it's colorful charts. But for the features I must say that it outperforms MFD by ages. In fact all features mentioned above are implemented in SkyDaemon.

Please Jeppesen management wake up. Either quit the MFD application or get the remaining 20% features implemented, now. To let the app just like it is does neither match with it's price tag nor with the reputation of Jeppesen.

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

The Point you bring with GAFOR is a good one... although for me the METAR that is displayed en-route is fair enough... at least at the moment. GAFOR would be cool though.

For the W&B Part... I know other apps do have this - but I use another tool for this anyways... so I don't miss it.

What I am really, really missing is that I don't have a possibility to export / import routes (and be it using e-mail - that would be highly sufficient already).

Tobias

Don't get me wrong: The GAFOR routes are those predefined routes (with weather forecast updated every 2 hours) which you can use to get through the Alps.

Without those routes implemented as a predefined drawing in the charts it's even hard to plan a route through the Alps. You will sooner or later getting "lost" in the current charts. 

To have those GAFOR routes implemented as predefined drawing with a color matching the weather forecast (like SkyDaemon has) is really important for my planning and the reason why I will use SkyDaemon over MFD when I will go over the Alps.

The "normal" GAFOR for Germany would be a nice to have. Because MFD already has a colored charting which is quite similar to GAFOR.

Matthias

ps.: Please see the attached screenshot of SkyDaemon as an example.

Hi Matthias,

Yes, agreed. But I think before GAFOR is implemented, there is other stuff to do.

I.e. the elevation Graph...

Tobias

Matthias Fliegner said:

Don't get me wrong: The GAFOR routes are those predefined routes (with weather forecast updated every 2 hours) which you can use to get through the Alps.

Without those routes implemented as a predefined drawing in the charts it's even hard to plan a route through the Alps. You will sooner or later getting "lost" in the current charts. 

To have those GAFOR routes implemented as predefined drawing with a color matching the weather forecast (like SkyDaemon has) is really important for my planning and the reason why I will use SkyDaemon over MFD when I will go over the Alps.

The "normal" GAFOR for Germany would be a nice to have. Because MFD already has a colored charting which is quite similar to GAFOR.

Matthias

ps.: Please see the attached screenshot of SkyDaemon as an example.

Hi Lucas,

I had a look at EVFR, as well. It seems to be a complete solution. The only thing I don't like is the looks.

But maybe I should have a look again...

For me, JFDVFR is an experiment. If it works out at least in some ways I will stick with it. I quite like having two different tools to compare the information.

Still: If Jeppesen isn't moving the app will be rendered obsolete. Sad thing it's going to be rendered obsolete by Jeppesen themself.

Tobias

Lucas D said:

after 3 years of supporting Jeppesen FD VFR i did not renew my subscription this year.

There are a few reasons, 1. i fly less this year, so i had to make a wrap up about how mutch Nav tools should cost/year and  2.i always had EVFR as backup, since this year i have it on Ipad and Android available, for the VAC is always had Jeppesen FD with the VFR EUR charts, so perfect back up with 1 Navigation tool who has the vertical view, and this combination works well. 

I also have my doubts how long Jeppesen will support the FD VFR App as since a few days you are able to us the mentioned VFR Charts with the Garmin Pilot app.

I might come back to this, this must been said, otherwise great navigation tool, for me it would have been perfect with the vertical view. I always felt very comfortable with it running on my flights around Switzerland but for mainly in Europe.

Best regards

Lucas

Hello Lucas,

Our cooperation with Garmin is complementary to FD VFR. Other than FD VFR rendered charts Garmin Pilot displays Jeppesen pre-composed charts. The cooperation is focusing on the US market however also european coverages are available.

With this cooperation, we combine the strengths of Jeppesen’s world-class aviation charts with Garmin’s world-class aviation app.

Still, FD VFR remains our offering in Europe.

More details on out webpage:

http://ww1.jeppesen.com/main/corporate/aviation/microsite/terminal-...

Best regards

Mark

Lucas D said:

Best regards

Lucas

Hi guys,

While I'm the first to agree that Jeppesen should get their act together with this app (check my previous posts), I must also say that - should they ever decide to discontinue this as well (we haven't forgotten the paper charts) - I'm not sure where I'd go. After all, as far as I see it, they have the following very important factors going for them:

- full data (enroute, terminal & text pages) included in price (Skydemon may have this at extra cost, but then you'll have the data in all sorts of flavors while they are standardized withing MFDVFR - I'm not sure you'll have the VFR text pages for each country within Skydemon though)

- their data is reliable (I cannot stress enough how important this is)

Also, for the first time they introduced this, I finally understood the practicality of the color weather overlay they have in the app. I always dismissed this as "What on earth is this for" but I fooled around with it this week and I get it. If you want to see how weather will evolve in a certain area over a certain period of time, this is the perfect tool for you. If you want more details for a specific location, just tap that location (let's say within a yellow zone) and you'll get details for that spot which will also tell you why it's yellow).

It's just a shame that the values for changing color are not user definable.

G.

As I wrote above i like the App very much but i had to take a decission and this time it was against Jeppesen VFR but i still have a Jeppesen product with the VAC charts.

I´am using MFDVFR from the first time and extended my subscription early this year.

Without any doubt, the Charts are the best on the market. The Look&Feel ist great across all countrys.

But yes, the Software itself is frozen in his current state with (too less) basic features.
As i read that this year that there are no features planned (only extending coverage) - i was a little bit disappointed.

But now there is - hopefully - for me light at the end of the tunnel.

The Garmin Pilot App (which is imho the best and professional software at the market) offers a connection opportunity with Jeppessen.

This would be the best step ever. I think Jeppesen Mobile Flite Deck will not be developed again in the future. 

Has anyone sucessfully connected a Mobile Flite Deck VFR Subscription with the Garmin Pilot App?

I had no success, but will try to ask Jeppesen what to do.

Hello,

i don't take an account for the next 12 month. I switched to SD. There, i can plan my routes at the computer and save them to the cloud. Also, it works with the iPad and the iPhone.

The Import/Export works great with SD. 

Sorry Jeppesen, i saw no progress at your software. But i think, there is much potential in your software.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

119 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service