Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 16904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Markus

Why are you being so cryptic? You announced the iPhone-comptability last year and we haven't heard from this since. So instead of saying "especially feature related" why don't you just name it and inform us about your roadmap? As you see more and more people are getting annoyed about Jeppesen's behaviour (me included) so it would really be nice to know whether you are just playing along or whether we can really expect something.

Thank you and kind regards

Stephan

Hi All,

Just some test-results with the actual app after some flights:

- Battery consumption still above most of the other apps. Fun thing is that battery consumption seems to be related to some circumstances I yet wasn't able to determinate the real cause... it looks like the app is always consuming more power on the first leg than on the reverse leg.

- Flight Tracking -> would be really helpful if the app would record the coordinates and give you a flight-path (analogue to SkyDemon)

- Stability: Still not where other apps are but I see an improvement...

... the other issues... like sync, etc. left aside... I do see an improvement. But they are tiny steps in a really large gap...

Kind Regards!

hi all,

maybe this new partnership delivers some features into MFD ... ?!?

https://www.foreflight.com/products/jeppesen/

Did you see the price tags ?

USA (Full): $ 199/yr

Europe (VFR): $ 1366/yr (!!!)

Continuously put some coins into your savings-account.

LG

Gerhard

Hello Gerhard,

Many Thanks for the comment.

The shown prices for Europe (IFR as well as IFR & VFR) were incorrect, and were already removed from the ForeFlight website. Correct prices will be published soon.

Other than that, please be aware that the new charting related “ForeFlight - Jeppesen” partnership will not affect the Jeppesen product “Mobile FliteDeck VFR”.  

For the “Mobile FliteDeck VFR” team,

Markus

Hi Markus,

but does it mean that the charting in ForeFlight will then be equivalent to the charting in MFVFR?

Best regards,

Etienne.

Markus Marth said:

Hello Gerhard,

Many Thanks for the comment.

The shown prices for Europe (IFR as well as IFR & VFR) were incorrect, and were already removed from the ForeFlight website. Correct prices will be published soon.

Other than that, please be aware that the new charting related “ForeFlight - Jeppesen” partnership will not affect the Jeppesen product “Mobile FliteDeck VFR”.  

For the “Mobile FliteDeck VFR” team,

Markus

Hi Etienne,

they say this about the Garmin aera 795 and other Garmin products as well: moving map and all that.

But I can tell you, after having spent about 500€ for the database licenses alone (not to mention the hardware itself), they using Jeppesen charts just means that you get scans of the book pages. It's moving map, yes, but your moving airplane actually moves across the book pages.

In case of the Garmin devices, the book pages cannot even be embedded into the navigation maps, instead you have to click on the airport and explicitly open the maps (always north up). Horrible. And according to a trusted, technically well versed friend, that is even with the very expensive Garmin GTN 750 so.

We got the Garmin aera 795 built into our TB9, but we're actually considering selling it again, and replacing it either with a FlyMap device or with an iPad fixture for the cockpit panel - using MFD VFR, which is really the best moving map I've seen so far.

Best regards, Carsten

Etienne Temmerman said:

Hi Markus,

but does it mean that the charting in ForeFlight will then be equivalent to the charting in MFVFR?

Best regards,

Etienne.

Dear Markus,

As the flying season has already started, would you be able to shed some light on when to expect the feature related updates you announced as "coming soon" in February.

Thank you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

118 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service