Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 16461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's why we're not renewing: Because we're not stupid.

An App that lacks synchronization, eats up battery, crashes many times more than other apps (i.e. skydemon, airnav) and then costs more than most other apps... yes, we're not stupid.

I have been waiting for quite some time. And it's time to say goodbye.

The charts have been the reason why I bought Jeppesen. And they are still superior compared to anything else. But other apps have the Jeppesen charts as well.

I, for my part, am completely fed up by the behaviour shown by jeppesen. I don't pay money for something that doesn't stand what it promises.

Jeppesen should maybe go for Ballooneers - they know how to cope with hot air.

Hi Marcus & Jeppesen team –

I am sorry to say but I have to fall into tune with the others. I have been a subscriber for the past 2 years and decided to not renew (feel free to check my account stefan.jaeger@mindwork.net). While the app was great to begin with (and yes, we all love the charts) there is just a clear lack of effort to develop and integrate new features. Having used ForeFlight while flying in the USA and now Garmin Pilot I am sorry to say that Mobile Flight Deck VFR has fallen so far behind that there is no use waiting anymore. 

As I am getting my IFR right now I'll remain a Jeppesen (FD) customer but I won't be using your VFR software anymore. It's sad to see that a company lets a great product fade away like this.

Stefan

Es ist halt einfach sehr schade.

Überall wo es um dies Diskussion geht welche App die Bestenliste, stimmt ich immer für Jeppesen.

Es ist auch meiner Meinung nach eine wirklich tolle App. Aber es ist leider so, dass es nun seitdem ich diese App habe kaum irgendeine Neuerung gab. Dafür "Fehler", die es seit 1,5 Jahren gibt, werden nicht behoben.

Z.B.:
Startet man einen Flug und kommt währenddessen auf den Home-Button (oder wechselt bewusst zu einer anderen App) und wechselt danach wieder in die MFDVFR, bleibt diese nicht mehr offen sondern schließt sich nach kurzer Zeit (automatische Sperre am iPad).
Man muss um dies zu beheben immer erst den Flug stoppen und wieder Neustarten. Was teilweise das Flightlog verändert, welches man dann manuell korrigieren muss.

Außerdem muss ich mich jetzt seit Oktober damit rumärgern, dass ich in unregelmäßigen Abständen "Zahlungsaufforderungen" für eine Subscription bekomme, die ich gar nicht habe. Dann ruft man bei Jeppesen an und bekommt ein "oh das tut uns leid, wir korrigieren es im System", und Zacke, 4-6 Wochen später das gleiche wieder...

Ich hoffe wirklich, dass das versprochene Update ein paar tolle Neuerungen und auch Fehlerbehebungen mitbringt. Denn für mich ist gefühlt seit 1,5 Jahren an der App nicht wirklich etwas passiert.

Und wenn man hier ein Update für Mitte Januar ankündigt sollte man, wenn sich der Termin verschiebt, dies selbstständig hier ankündigen.
Jeder weiß, dass so etwas mal passieren kann. Aber einfach keine Reaktion abzugeben sorgt halt dafür, dass die Leute sich veräppelt vorkommen.

Es gibt zB Features, wie die Akustischen Warnungen, die ich aufgrund des Problems mit der automatischen Sperre nicht nutzen kann. (Ich habe nur einen Aux-Eingang, und da ich am iPad nicht auf eine andere App, zB Musik, wechseln kann, schließe ich lieber mein iPhone am Aux an.)

Vielleicht könntet ihr (Jeppesen-Team) ja mal einfach versuchen solche Dinge mit den Nutzern zu kommunizieren. Damit würdet ihr vermutlich viel Unmut im Keim ersticken und mit einer solchen Plattform wäre das wohl kein Problem.

Hello,

Giving an app full points despite it not being up to the job is like voting for donald trump just hoping that all will go well. there are various examples in history that this actually can go wrong.

If you award an app full points despite it's lack of features you're not helping. And, honestly, this forum is probably not read by the developers. Well, maybe that is because the one guy they actually have is still fighting with management for some funding making him able to fix the bugs....

I was hoping that Jeppesen would take our inputs seriously.

The first post in this discussion was on May 28th 2013. Almost four years have passed - and not one of the enhancements have been implemented. Not one.

If you debug the app you find work-arounds (not solutions, mind you) that just seem to make the app run on the current versions of IOS.

The App is still not available on iPhone.

The App can still not sync data with another device.

You still can't backup your device with all data being saved with it.

The forum here is still only available using unencrypted communication. It simply doesn't work using HTTPS.

I am an engineer for an IT company (actually, CTO). I know how development of software works because I do it. I know how to secure a system (or an infrastructure) because that's what we do.

The behaviour of Jeppesen towards its customers is bigoted in a way that seeks comparison. I am not willing to award this using either points or money.

Rgds.

Hello all,

Internal and External Beta Testing for 2.1.6 is almost complete, and we are now shooting for a Release Date of February 15, 2016.

Release 2.1.6 will include bug fixes, plus the implementation of three more countries. The new countries are Slovakia, Hungary and Greece. Furthermore, the Canary Islands will also be added with 2.1.6, and will be part of the coverage of Spain.

More news, and then especially feature related will come soon !

For the “Mobile FliteDeck VFR” Team,

Markus

Hello Markus,

good to hear from you. But I have to say, new countries and only bug fixes will not keep your customers!

I hate to say that, but, Jeppesen a Boing Company - you're very, very, maybe too slow for an electronic business model today. Your only advantage is, ANP is almost history, SD is slowly getting weak, most others are even weaker and Garmin just turning visible behind the hedge, you still have an opportunity to be in front, but you have to DO something. Overdue bug fixes and overdue added countries are not enough.

Hello all,

Software Testing is now almost completed: Mobile FliteDeck VFR 2.1.6 will be released very soon.

For the “Mobile FliteDeck VFR Team”,

Markus

Hello all,

as of today, "Mobile FliteDeck VFR" Release 2.1.6 is available in the AppStore.

Release 2.1.6 fixes some bugs, and adds three more countries. The new countries are Slovakia, Hungary and Greece. Furthermore, the Canary Islands are now added as well as part of the coverage of Spain.

Markus

Good news on a rainy day. Thanks!

All the best and godspeed for the next updates.  ;-)

Interesting to follow and especially Hungary would cover one of my more frequent needs, BUT - the missing iPhone version is still keeping me from coming back. Looks like I am staying with Skydemon for another year.

Markus Marth said:

Hello all,

as of today, "Mobile FliteDeck VFR" Release 2.1.6 is available in the AppStore.

Release 2.1.6 fixes some bugs, and adds three more countries. The new countries are Slovakia, Hungary and Greece. Furthermore, the Canary Islands are now added as well as part of the coverage of Spain.

Markus

The post below was published on February 6, 2017 and the website as of today still does not show the actual coverage. What is a customer supposed to make out of that laziness? I somehow question Jeppesen A Boing Company to be committed to the solution and - for such behavior the software is by far too expensive.

Any good software lives from personal spirit, so, is there even any "Mr MFDVFR" or "Ms MFDVFR" and why is The One not jumping into the face of people not taking care - ain't no Steve Jobs @ Jeppesen ;-) ?

Markus Marth said:

Hello all,

Internal and External Beta Testing for 2.1.6 is almost complete, and we are now shooting for a Release Date of February 15, 2016.

Release 2.1.6 will include bug fixes, plus the implementation of three more countries. The new countries are Slovakia, Hungary and Greece. Furthermore, the Canary Islands will also be added with 2.1.6, and will be part of the coverage of Spain.

Markus

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

118 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service