Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 18252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tracks are now recorded in Mobile Flitedeck VFR. Finally! Thanks.
Whereas start and landing time are stored, the time for each waypoint is not. Therefore it is not possible to calculate speeds. It is also impossible to prove that the aircraft passed a certain waypoint ar a certain time, e.g. if there are complaints that traffic pattern altitude or airspace boundaries were violated.
Please add waypoint times.
Thanks

Good news, I very much appreciate the new release!

Some notes:

• It would have been nice if the flight tracks were also available in IGC file format as well (the format that glider pilots use for logging their flights and e.g. Flarm devices output as well).
  • The cloud backup... is this a preparatory step for future iPhone support...?   ;-)

Lothar Krings said:

Hi Lothar,
I have not checked yet and am more familiar with flight logs in IGC rather than KML file format, but aren't timestamps associated with each sample point of the recorded track / the path anyway?

Hi Markus,

thanks for the update. What i am still missing is a soundcheck button for the bluetooth audio connection. That would be very helpful.

Christoph

that would be good

Christoph Schlechtriem said:

Hi Markus,

thanks for the update. What i am still missing is a soundcheck button for the bluetooth audio connection. That would be very helpful.

Christoph

+1

Christian said:

that would be good

Christoph Schlechtriem said:

Hi Markus,

Christoph

Hi Markus,

are there any plans for new features like:

- Reduced power consumption
- Mass & Balance

- Flight Plan Filing
- Rain Radar
- Night-VFR

Thank you for your feedback.

Best

Matthias

How many times we will asking the same questions?

I´am customer of Jepp MFD VFR since the beginning. The development seems lacking of power and innovation. But the goal of MFD VFR is sure not to implement as much features as possible. It seems to be a digital replacement of the famous Jeppesen paper Charts. Not more, not less. Look at the "Changelog" - it´s more maintenance and bugfixing.

It would be the best decision for Jeppesen to offer these great chart data (and sure - the data is perfect!) to all the other platforms. It makes no sense to develop a App which only feature are the charts. 

I´ve not extended my subscription. I will use another app (which i´ve had in parallel for the last year). I still use on these other App "Jeppesen Navigation Data" and the Jeppesen Approach Charts (directly integrated within the other app).

Only the Charts are the stupid Icao-Charts :(

But i´ve everything in ONE App (inclusive all of them from the wishlist from the last post!) and it works as Backup on the iPhone (inclusive sync!).

Cheers,

Michael

An inspection of the KML files in a text editor seems to show that there are NO timestamps. Likewise, a try to convert the KML to GPX in GPSBabel complains about missing time information. As a result, it seems that the whole track is divided into equal parts by Goggle Earth.

Jeppesen, please confirm this, or describe how to extract and show the time information of the trackpoints! IMO, without time this feature is near to useless, a toy.

We need tools, not toys.

Clem

PS: Also very weak: No possibility to re-import or show in MFDVFR. Google Earth does not show Airspaces. However, it is importable into AirNavPro....

Carsten Fuchs said:

Lothar Krings said:

Hi Lothar,
I have not checked yet and am more familiar with flight logs in IGC rather than KML file format, but aren't timestamps associated with each sample point of the recorded track / the path anyway?

Dear Jeppesen,

sorry to say, but the update 2.20 is kind of useless. The traffic circuits are visible in higher zoom levels and with wider line width - this is a improvement. Thank you.

But the cloud sharing feature makes no sense, if you do not include an iPhone. Nobody carries two iPads into a small cockpit. iphone support is what we need!

And the track feature is really disappointing. We don't need a file that we can read at home. We need a dotted line behind the aircraft symbol to see where we came from. If you hit bad weather or if you are flying in mountain area, the dotted line helps the pilot in the cockpit, to find back home. Only this support counts. At home, we don't need a file. Useless. 

Please, please make this track feature more helpful and add the dotted line. And please make sure, that the file and and dotted line can be switches off / on individually.

And please ask before you program a new feature. We can tell you. The next features we need are iphone support and vertical profile.

Best regards

Frank

Thanks for knowing, Frank. I do carry two iPads and need no iPhone support at all. Just saying...

Hello Niggi, you may be the exception to the rule but I think its fair to say that the vast majority of pilots do NOT carry two iPads with them. ipad and iphone on the other side seems to be a more common setup. At least that's what I would assume. It would be interesting to hear what the others think.

From my point of view the iPhone version is an absolute MUST. In my opinion it should be the no. 1 priority.

Best regards, Stephan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you will find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

121 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service