Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 16636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Markus,

we´ve spoken together before a few weeks.

Well, yes, you´ve released a Patch Version (not more). Most changes are only Bugfixing, nothing really new.

The coverage during the year wasn´t extended. In the advertising you promise that for examply Hungary is comming. But till today, there is no Hungary coverage available :(

Jepp Mobile Flite Deck VFR is a nice app. Clean, easy to use, short ramp-up time and you can fly - VFR (by day).

The quality of the Jeppesen Charts and Data is without doubt the best on the market and the concept of digital geo charts is awesome.

Personal for me, it´s hard going to make a complete pre-flight briefing (especially in times wher OPS NCO ist active!)

Mass & Balance: use a different App
Flight Plan Fileing: use a different App
Night-VFR: use paper charts or a App who is night-mode capable
and so on

Please, think about it, to make your Charts available to other apps (like it were in the past - in times of Jeppesen Paper Charts).

My personal App-Favorite who is currently in use: Garmin Pilot (they deliver so much updates and most are Minor or Major Releases, not just patch releases). That´s awesome.

Talk with Garmin. I´ve spoken with them last week and i think they are really open to implement additional Charts and AIPs.

Then you can stay Jepp Mobile Flite Deck VFR as it is, and the pilot can choose what he want: a clean smart app inclusive Charts, or buying a more complex app (for differente use-cases) and buy additional your charts (sure, it´s more expensive, but flying is every time expensive ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Michael

Michael Frank said:

The quality of the Jeppesen Charts and Data is without doubt the best on the market and the concept of digital geo charts is awesome.

Personal for me, it´s hard going to make a complete pre-flight briefing (especially in times wher OPS NCO ist active!)

Mass & Balance: use a different App
Flight Plan Fileing: use a different App
Night-VFR: use paper charts or a App who is night-mode capable
and so on

Talk with Garmin. I´ve spoken with them last week and i think they are really open to implement additional Charts and AIPs.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael

I feel the Jepp VFR charts in its depiction of features and airspace is simply the best.  Unfortunately, all the alternative EFBs out there have developed some fairly advanced and increasingly indispensable features that make them more valuable despite the poorer quality of their charting.  For me this includes the ability to display real time in flight weather data (from Sirius XM, at cost) or usable weather and traffic data at no cost from US based ADSB ground stations. Knowing where the weather is critical for any cross country flier.  And in addition, the ability to do flight planning, get a briefing, etc is all part of what the competitors out there are offering in their products. Foreflight, which has been stuck using scanned raster chart images,  recently took aim at Jepp VFR with a new vector based chart overlay.  For now, the quality of Foreflight's chart overlay is really poor,  it does not display the altitudes of controlled and special use air space for example.  However, Foreflight has a track record of listening to their customers and updating their product with new development.  

MVDFVR was a great idea -for five or six years ago.  If Jepp is not interested in developing the product,  for now it still has the best charts in the world,  and it should license them to a developer like Garmin or Forelfight that can deliver an EFB platform that meets modern needs. If not, you may want to start looking over your shoulder, in 2 years I am sure Foreflight will develop the quality of their vector based charts to a level comparable with yours.

Hi Markus,
I have downloaded the update, after upgrading to IOS 10.
And on the first flight that lasted only about an hour, the app simply disappeared twice.
Suddenly all I got to see was the iPad home screen.
On both occasions I could relaunch the app and it reappeared in non-flying mode.
This is very disturbing and something like that never happened with the Jeppesen paper charts the app is supposed to replace.
Also while the flightlog still seems to contain all the old flights, the index keeps repeating the entry of the oldest flight in the log.
Please get this fixed ASAP.
Let me know should there be any useful debugging data on my iPad.
Best regards.
Etienne

Markus Marth said:

Hello,

I just wanted to mention here that we have released "Mobile FliteDeck” version 2.1.5 earlier this week. This release contains:

- Improved compatibility with iOS 10.1.1

- Improved NOTAM filtering

- Minor bug fixes

If you have not updated yet, please make sure to get the update via the AppStore.

Stay tuned for more releases to come in the near future !

For the “Mobile FliteDeck VFR” Team,

Markus

Hi Markus,

After updating the app my flight log only shows the first flight for every entry. I've tried to upload a screenshot.

If I click on an entry it shows the correct details.

Also when j tap on one entry an hold it (like I wanna scroll) the color changes to grey and the correct details are shown.

I've testet it on two different devices. On one device I also tried to reinstall the app - no change, same problem.

i really need some help here. The guy at the support hotline couldn't help. Just a little "good look"...

Best regards,
Matthias
Attachments:

Etienne Temmerman said:
Hi Markus,
I have downloaded the update, after upgrading to IOS 10.
And on the first flight that lasted only about an hour, the app simply disappeared twice.
Suddenly all I got to see was the iPad home screen.
On both occasions I could relaunch the app and it reappeared in non-flying mode.
This is very disturbing and something like that never happened with the Jeppesen paper charts the app is supposed to replace.
Also while the flightlog still seems to contain all the old flights, the index keeps repeating the entry of the oldest flight in the log.
Please get this fixed ASAP.
Let me know should there be any useful debugging data on my iPad.
Best regards.
Etienne

Markus Marth said:

Hello,

I just wanted to mention here that we have released "Mobile FliteDeck” version 2.1.5 earlier this week. This release contains:

- Improved compatibility with iOS 10.1.1

- Improved NOTAM filtering

- Minor bug fixes

If you have not updated yet, please make sure to get the update via the AppStore.

Stay tuned for more releases to come in the near future !

Markus

Hello, 

I just wanted to share here as well the following information regarding 3 issues, which some users are facing with Release 2.1.5:

1)      Update issue from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5: The application does not start the first time after the update.

We realized that a few European customers have issues with “Mobile FliteDeck VFR” after executing the update to 2.1.5. If the application does not start right after the update, please follow the following one time workaround:

• Double click the “Home button” on the iPad, and close “Mobile FliteDeck VFR” by swiping the application screen to the top, out of the window.
  • Go to the iPad Settings, scroll down and select “JeppFD VFR”.
  • Switch the application to “US Coverage” (under License Info / Coverage).
  • Close the settings screen.
  • Restart “Mobile FliteDeck VFR”.
  • Go to the iPad Settings, scroll down and select “JeppFD VFR”.
  • Switch the application back to “EU” Coverage” (under License Info / Coverage).
  • From that on, everything should be fine again with “Mobile FliteDeck VFR”.

2)      Sporadic Crashes in "Track Up" Mode:

There is already a fix, which will be released with 2.1.6 (Mid of January). The crashes do not happen if you use the “North Up” Mode.

3)      Wrong Data on the “Flight Log” Overview Page:

Some users are seeing wrong data (same data for different flights) on the “Flight Log” overview page.

The correct data are stored and shown if you go into the Flight details.

There is already a fix, which will  be released as well with 2.1.6 (Mid of January).

Markus

Any news on an iPhone version of MFDVFR, which lack of was my major point to abandon the solution?

Are there any news about the update?
Hi Marcus,
I think everybody is waiting for your reply regarding the update. Do you have any idea?

Christoph

Sure? "Everybody"?

I gave up the hope for Updates on this product. Seems just to be in Maintenance. 2016 - a lost year - no usefull updates.

I´ve uses Garmin Pilot parallel. I will not renew my Subscription on Jeppesen - no Roadmap, no Updates, sorry - to expensive for only a digital Chart!

Yeah, I'll try Garmin and other apps now. I really like the MFDVFR, but - like Michael Frank already wrote - a lost year with not even one update or new feature.

I don't think I'll renew my subscription if there's no really good update until my subscription ends.
Hello to all,
don't be stupid. The mobile flight deck vfr is definitly the best app for vfr flying. I love this app and look forward to the update. Jeppesen, hurry up.

Christoph

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

118 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service