Here you can address missing features and enhancement recommendations for the app. The Jeppesen development team will constantly review this discussion to understand your needs.

Views: 19893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Markus,

nice to see that Jeppesen is doing some work on updates, however, I'm still missing waypoints commonly used not only in IFR but in VFR as well. Please add them as soon as possible.

By the way, the Airspace warning needs some improvement, for EDLN it shows the old frequency which was in use last year... (see attachment)

Best regards

Stephan

Attachments:

Just got back from a day’s flying in the Swiss mountains. I tested the 1.3.0 release. Really loved it, especially the yellow airspace warnings. Really helpful yet not cluttering. I also double checked with AIP regarding the NOTAMs while I was pinning…here the JFD redux philosophy may need some re-beefing: Check LSZA NOTAM B00157/14 in JFD VFR NOTAM. It states RWY 01/19 CLSD.

Since that was one of my alternates today I rechecked with SKYGUIDE. And yes the RWY is CLSD but only from 2130 til 0500. So maybe the decluttering mode cuts off a bit too much relevant information.

Minor stuff though. The app runs smooth and…it doesn’t suck the blood out of my ipad air’s battery life. Airborne for approx. 4 hrs and got home with 32 % on my battery.

So, keep things up. All I’d like to see is that you folks add BELLA ITALIA soon… and I guess this is something my fellow pilots wish as well. Many of us are heading south soon - LIQL, LILQ and others are waiting…

Hi Jeppesen-Team,

I am using your service and I like the ease-of-use. Here are some recommendations for improvement:

1.) When pressing NRST I would like to also have (in addition to the menu) the nearest airports highlighted on the map. This could save valuable time in case of an emergency.

2.) For EDDM only TWR (N) frequency is displayed, the TWR (S) frequency is missing. Especially in busy airspaces I need to have all TWR frequencies on the map as it has been on your VFR+GPS paper charts.

3.) I have seen that ATIS frequencies are missing as well (at least for EDDM and EDMA). I would like to have them as well to avoid switching to the sub menus, which costs valuable time and distracts from VFR flying. A small font would be acceptable, depending on the zoom level.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Hello,

I made know 3 flights with the new Version and i'm verry happy, Airspace warning works well (notam I do not use). I know, some gadgets could be worthfull, i.e. fuel calculation, as i still need to do a CFP otherwiese. But in the end, I hope Jeppesen does not overload the App as other do and nearly make all the tablets slow and batterysucking. Next on my wishlist, Italy and Slovenia / Croatia, 3 important summerdestinations. 

Regards

Lucas

Dear Lucas,

Thank You very much for your feedback. One of the basic ideas behind the app is to “keep it simple” ! We get a lot of positive customer feedback, especially on the fact that the app is not overloaded with hundreds of features and settings.

Regarding coverage extension, you can expect Italy very soon. Italy will be available with the next release in early April, 2014. Regarding more countries (like e.g. Slovenia and Croatia), we are just preparing a detailed notification, which will be posted within the next three days on NING.

Stay tuned, and enjoy your passion !

Michael Julius Schmidt said:

Hi Jeppesen-Team,

I am using your service and I like the ease-of-use. Here are some recommendations for improvement:

1.) When pressing NRST I would like to also have (in addition to the menu) the nearest airports highlighted on the map. This could save valuable time in case of an emergency.

2.) For EDDM only TWR (N) frequency is displayed, the TWR (S) frequency is missing. Especially in busy airspaces I need to have all TWR frequencies on the map as it has been on your VFR+GPS paper charts.

3.) I have seen that ATIS frequencies are missing as well (at least for EDDM and EDMA). I would like to have them as well to avoid switching to the sub menus, which costs valuable time and distracts from VFR flying. A small font would be acceptable, depending on the zoom level.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Dear Michael,

We are glad to hear you enjoy Mobile FliteDeck VFR. That’s actually the main idea behind this product, to make life easier and safer for VFR pilots. And we will put even more effort to enhance Mobile FliteDeck VFR in the future and are happy to announce that you can expect Italy in April 2014.

To your questions:

1)      That’s a great idea and we will look into this ! Actually the list of “Nearest” airports is sorted by the distance, and you can use the “Direct To” function right away.  

2)      Thank You for that feedback. You can expect a correction with our next NAV data update (02 April 2014)

3)      As of now, the ATIS frequencies are shown under “Frequencies”, at each airport. However, based on customer feedback (like yours !) we are thinking about presenting them directly on the map in the future.  

Hope this is answering your questions.

For the Mobile FliteDeck VFR team

Hi Jeppesen-Team,

I came across an issue with the display of different kinds of highways, streets, etc. depending on the zoom level on my iPad Mini (in the EDDM terminal area).

When I zoom into a certain level, yellow streets start to appear, which is perfect. But at the same time also grey streets start popping up as fragments only. Even when zooming in further, these grey streets appear as fragments, not continous grey lines as I would expect. This is really annoying and sometimes misleading for VFR navigation in the proximity of a traffic pattern. And also a clear disadvantage to the conventional approach charts.

Would be great to get a fix on that.

Thanks
Michael

Dear Michael,

please be so kind to send us some screenshots of that issue as a picture is worth a thousand words. That would be very helpful even though we assume to know what you mean by that.

Thanks in advance!

Ahmad

Michael Julius Schmidt said:

Hi Jeppesen-Team,

I came across an issue with the display of different kinds of highways, streets, etc. depending on the zoom level on my iPad Mini (in the EDDM terminal area).

When I zoom into a certain level, yellow streets start to appear, which is perfect. But at the same time also grey streets start popping up as fragments only. Even when zooming in further, these grey streets appear as fragments, not continous grey lines as I would expect. This is really annoying and sometimes misleading for VFR navigation in the proximity of a traffic pattern. And also a clear disadvantage to the conventional approach charts.

Would be great to get a fix on that.

Thanks
Michael

Hi Ahmad,
Please find attached the screenshot. It shows an example for edmy. Compared to your paper charts all important visual road references (grey lines) are missing or are heavily fragmented. The same applies to the surrounding. My recommendation is either to remove all grey roads or show them completely.
Thanks
Michael
Attachments:
This screenshot also shows that the grey roads dont bring any additional value but are rather distracting...
Attachments:

Dear Michael,

these are our Urban Roads and we intentionally present them (in this zoom level) as fragments, instead of a continuous presentation. By doing that, we imply the existence of these smaller roads in built up areas. It’s not intended to expect a full network depiction of these roads. Alternatively we could have represented these built up areas as whole grey areas, which would be (in our opinion) less clear. We hope this answer is helpful, if not please let us know.

Hi Ahmad,
Thanks, i got the point and it makes sense for lower zoom levels. But when navigating in traffic patterns - with higher zoom levels - it would be helpful to not just having urban roads but also having the grey connecting roads in between. In many situations this is the only hint to visually find the traffic pattern. Can you include that informatiin in future updates? (Btw. This also applies for small rivers and lakes which are also missing sometimes in mobile fd vfr)

As an example i attached the jeppview chart vs mobile fd vfr chart.

Thanks again
Michael
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you will find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

123 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

Blog Posts

iOS 12 Compatibility

Posted by Lars Wedegärtner on October 8, 2018 at 1:37am 0 Comments

iOS 12

Posted by Lars Wedegärtner on September 19, 2018 at 9:31am 1 Comment

iOS 12

Posted by Lars Wedegärtner on September 19, 2018 at 9:29am 0 Comments

© 2018   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service