Partly wipe-out (white rectangular) on screen when switching to "flying mode"

I have a problem, when I switch to "go flying" that part of screen becomes white. see attached screen shot).

This does not happen immediately after restart of the ipad mini 2 but after hours of usage, when in between the ipad was in sleeping mode. 

In rare cases it happened also in "planing mode", but only when changing the date of flight or hour of flight (see attached screen shot).

Is this an Apple technical problem or a problem of the Mobile Flite Deck VFR app? It does not occur by any other app on this ipad. It's a ipad mini 2 with 32GB, but in April 2015. 

Thanks for any help. Stephan

Views: 155

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Stephan,

you are not alone, i know the problem with the date and time in planing mode too, but it does not appear regularly.

Regards

lucas

Dear Stephan, dear Lucas,

Thanks for your feedback. This is in fact a known issue to us, which has already been addressed to our development team. As of now, our development team looks for a long term fix, while it seems to be a combination of iOS, and application issue. We keep on treating this as our “problem” and try to find a prompt solution.

In case this issue occurs again, the workaround to get rid of the white areas would be just closing the app and restarting it again. This should solve this issue short term. Of course we will keep you updated via Ning and let you know about a long-term solution.

We hope this was helpful. If not, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

For the Mobile FliteDeck VFR team,

Ahmad

Dear Ahmad, 

from my experience " just closing the app and restarting it again" does not solve the problem. I have to restart the ipad completely. Which of course - when this happens at holding point ready for departure - is frustrating while it takes some time...

Stephan

Ahmad Reza Tavakoli said:

Dear Stephan, dear Lucas,

Thanks for your feedback. This is in fact a known issue to us, which has already been addressed to our development team. As of now, our development team looks for a long term fix, while it seems to be a combination of iOS, and application issue. We keep on treating this as our “problem” and try to find a prompt solution.

In case this issue occurs again, the workaround to get rid of the white areas would be just closing the app and restarting it again. This should solve this issue short term. Of course we will keep you updated via Ning and let you know about a long-term solution.

We hope this was helpful. If not, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

For the Mobile FliteDeck VFR team,

Ahmad

Dear all,

please let me add two comments:

1. closing the MFD VFR app means: hold the on / off switch for about five seconds until "switch off screen" comes up. Then hold the home button for five seconds until the desc top screen comes up. This procedure shuts-down IOS apps. Wiping the app away or switching the iPad off does not really shut-down the app.

2. since I use the above procedure every now and then at home, the issue with white rectangular area never came up again.

Please try and report.

Best regards

Frank 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

118 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service