Will MFDVFR work on either of the new iPhone 6 models?

Views: 1663

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am still hoping for feedback on this.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus ordered and hope to use it in place of my iPad.

I have seen ForeFlight on an iPhone 6 Plus and it was the ideal size for use in the cockpit.

My subscription on MFD VFR is soon up and I would prefer to stay with it if it will work on the 6 Plus or if iPhone support is coming soon.

Can anyone provide some feedback please.

Dear John,

our apologies for the late response. Unfortunately there aren’t any plans to make Mobile FliteDeck VFR compatible on the iPhone 6 Plus. That’s the situation for now, however this might change as the demand increases.

For the Mobile FliteDeck VFR team,

Ahmad  

Dear Jeppesen Team

Your answer seems to suggest that there is not enough demand for MFDVFR on iPhone. Is that really true? If my MFDVFR crashes (or if the iPad malfunctions for whatever reason) I would be extremely grateful to have a backup. In this case I could just turn on the iPhone and I would have the same program running on the iPhone. At least to finnish my current leg that would really be very, very helpful.

I had this situation with SkyMap which works without any problems on both, iPad and iPhone.

For instance a lot of us had some problems recently with MFDVFR on the iPad (the "no connection issue"). That is exactly the situation I'm talking about: Instead of fiddling around with the iPad and being distracted, it would have been the safer option to just put the iPad away and use the iPhone instead. The same idea applies for instance with the not so rare issue of iPad-overheating.

Your product really is great and I enjoy using it. But having no possibility of a backup really is a serious downside compared to your competitors who all seem to see the necessity of a backup-solution.

I hope you change your mind very soon!

Thank you for your continuing efforts and kind regards
Stephan
Please change your mind. I need it for my iPhone 6+ too!

Thx

Steve
Dear MFDVFR-Team

Any news regarding the possibility to have MFDVR on the iPhone as a backup? I found an old post where you mentioned that you would consider this if this would be a customer demand. Reading the various posts I do have the impression that this would be very much welcomed by your customers. Still, Jeppesen continues to ignore this. Is there any hope that Jeppesen will finally turn its attention to this question? Or could you at least be more specific (for instance send out a clear message; with a final "no" I will at least know where I stand and can start evaluating other pssibilities).

Thank you and kind regards
Stephan

As a VFR pilot I did not want to switch to Foreflight but did so due to the importance of having that backup capability. If MFDVFR ever supports the iPhone 6 Plus I'll switch back. I keep watching here in hopes they see the light.

Are you sure you fetch the demand?

When I looked into MFDVFR the non-availability of an iPhone App was one of several crucial points to choose Skydemon over MFDVFR as my prime VFR moving map application. I did keep my JeppDirect subscription for now, to have access to all Europe plates in JeppFD, sadly only on iPad, but probability is rather high I am not going to renew that, mainly due to the fact that I may replace iPhone and iPad by an iPhone 6 Plus. I am pretty sure quite some pilots are going the same route now.

Compiling a version, maybe even for iPhone 6 Plus only(?), can not be that complicated, or?

Ahmad Reza Tavakoli said:

Dear John,

our apologies for the late response. Unfortunately there aren’t any plans to make Mobile FliteDeck VFR compatible on the iPhone 6 Plus. That’s the situation for now, however this might change as the demand increases.

Ahmad  

Hi “Europe Flyer”,

We do fully understand your point and of course we are aware that it would make sense to support an iPhone version of Mobile FliteDeck VFR. However we still have other plans on our roadmap as matters stand now and a support of ANY iPhone version is unfortunately NOT planned in near future (not even this year). Meanwhile we hope you do enjoy our Release 2.0 and the upcoming features. We hope we could clarify your question/request, if not please let us know anytime.

Ahmad 

Thank you very much for the clear picture. I already got in contact to customer service on the procedure how to stop my subscription when renewal is due.

Dear FlighDeck-Team
It seems quite clear that iPhone-compatibility would be much appreciated by your customers. Have you reconsiderd and are there any plans to finally react to this customer wish?
Thank you and kind regards
Stephan

I for one would come back if they did as I switched to Foreflight for exactly that reason. I am a VFR pilot and enjoyed the simplicity of Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

Same here! I cancelled my subscription, because of the lack of support for the iPhone, but will keep an eye on this here for a couple of month. If Jeppesen starts to offer support for iPhone 6+ and iPad I'll come back.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you will find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

120 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2017   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service