Here you can address and report technical issues with the app, and also possible data related issues.

Views: 4913

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quick fix works: With only Switzerland and Italy selected app is stable as before. Notams are depicted on the chart.

Regards,
Paul

Mein Fehler!

Die fehlende NOTAM ist generell offenbar rausgenommen worden und fehlt auch bei der DFS. Bisher also ungestörte Performance der neuen Version auf zumindest meinem iPad mini.

lg, Ben

Benjamin Sattler said:

Moin Markus,

in Kiel EDHK gibt es wieder ein Problem mit den Notams. Aktuell fehlt mindestens das NoTam zu den Öffnungszeiten. Könnt ihr das Bestätigen?

gruss, Ben

The Swiss Notam Problem is in a certain relationship to the German Map. After reinstalling all maps except Germany, everything worked well. After reinstalling Germany, the Swiss Notams disappeared.

A serious bug, that has to be eliminated as fast as possible!

Juerg

Hello Juerg,

the Swiss NOTAM issue is isolated, and a fix is already on it's way. This fix will be relaessed shortly.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that caused.

For the "Mobile FliteDeck VFR" team,

Markus

Downloaded the new German map data at 18:30 loc today, everything worked fine with the Swiss Notams again! As it has to be.

Congrats to the team working on this bug, that was nearly supersonic!

Jürg

Markus Marth said:

Hello Juerg,

the Swiss NOTAM issue is isolated, and a fix is already on it's way. This fix will be relaessed shortly.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that caused.

For the "Mobile FliteDeck VFR" team,

Markus

Regarding use of bluetooth external GPS and running mfdvfr on ipad wifi only model: I had a blue tooth gps working with my wifi only ipad reasonably well and then upgraded to ios 7.1 and had no ends of problem with the neither mfdvfr or other apps getting position information. I finally figured out what seems to be the problem. The wifi ipad is still trying to get location information from the wifi, I guess it's using ip addresses or something. Ios 7 and up seems to have a preference for this information over the bluetooth derived GPS data. I found in flight especially at low altitudes the ipad would try to connect to wifi networks on the ground and when it did so dropped the bluetooth GPS location. The bluetooth connection would still be there but it seems ios 7 was preventing my nav apps from using it. Same thing happened when I forgot to shut off my wifi sharing mobile hot spot on my phone. The ipad would connect in flight to the phone but could not get internet if too High. Either way, location data in mfdvfr was being dropped. Solved the problem by disabling wifi on the ipad for flight. Just flew two hours from south florida north and blue tooth GPS was rock stable.
Hallo allerseits

Ich hatte heute auf dem Gruppenausflug zweimal ein freeze des Programms.
Beide male nach ca. 20-30 minuten, jeweils kurz vor ende des Leg.
Freeze = Programm steht still, keine Reaktion mehr. Kein Alarm wegen Überhitzung, automatischer Neustart bei einem der beiden Vorkommnisse. Beim zweiten wurde manuell neu gestartet.

Gerät iPad mini 16 GB mit 4G, 13.3 GB verfügbar, 7.5 GB frei
All Europe Coverage, A, D, CH, F sind aktiviert, der Rest ist deaktiviert.
Einmal im Batterie Betrieb, einmal mit ext. Power.

Dieses Phänomen tauchte erst seit V1.4 und iOS 7.1.1 auf

Hallo Philippe,

Vielen Dank für dieses feedback ! Bei welcher Aktion trat das Problem auf ? Im Planungs-, oder im Flugmodus ? Und in welcher Kartenregion ?

Für das Mobile Flitedeck VFR Team,

Markus

Hallo Markus

Flugmodus, Region Schweiz. Das erste mal beim Anflug auf den Flugplatz Buttwil LSZU, dann kurz enrout nordöstlich von Zürich jedoch nur als kurzer freeze. Und zuletzt im Anflug auf Fricktal-Schupfart ca overhead.

Philippe

OK, Danke !

Hi Markus & team,

I noticed that the ILS areas are not depicted / visualized in MFD, although the text refers to the areas and they are visible on the VAC's in the original/counrty AIP.

For example EHBK: MFD text says: "VFR traffic within the CTR may be instructed to stay clear of the ILS areas as depicted.". However: the ILS areas cannot be seen on the vector map in MFD, regardless of the zoom level. This applies at least to the following Netherlands Airports: EHAM, EHRD, EHBK, EHEH and EHGG.

I've had ATC instruct me to remain clear of ILS areas, it worries me if they are not depicted as I should be able to trust that the vector data is up to date with the AIP's... Are there other airports in other countries for which the same applies?

Would appreciate if the ILS areas can be visualized.

Regards,

Jacques

Dear Jacques,

thanks for your contribution, in fact we are aware of our non-existent ILS beam in Mobile FliteDeck VFR, even though we used to depict them on the “paper” charts. However according to our development team we might be implementing this within one of the next releases for the sake of an enhanced situational awareness, but there is no definite plan yet. I hope that was still helpful and feel free to contact us anytime.

For the Mobile FliteDeck VFR team,

Ahmad

Jacques Dunselman said:

Hi Markus & team,

I noticed that the ILS areas are not depicted / visualized in MFD, although the text refers to the areas and they are visible on the VAC's in the original/counrty AIP.

For example EHBK: MFD text says: "VFR traffic within the CTR may be instructed to stay clear of the ILS areas as depicted.". However: the ILS areas cannot be seen on the vector map in MFD, regardless of the zoom level. This applies at least to the following Netherlands Airports: EHAM, EHRD, EHBK, EHEH and EHGG.

I've had ATC instruct me to remain clear of ILS areas, it worries me if they are not depicted as I should be able to trust that the vector data is up to date with the AIP's... Are there other airports in other countries for which the same applies?

Would appreciate if the ILS areas can be visualized.

Regards,

Jacques

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you will find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

122 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2018   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service