Dear Jeppesen Team

I do have a rather strange problem since the last update of your app (2.2.1) and the latest ios (11.2.1) installation.

My hardeware consists of 2 iPad mini retina, one wifi only, the other with cellular and wifi.

Since i‘ve done a lot of planning on the cellulare one I did a cloud backup and then took the wifi only and restored from cloud to syncronise both iPads. The result was that I experienced a complete reset of the Jepp app on the wifi device and all the data where lost. I even had to reactivate the app upon startup. After several attemps to restore from backup whitout succes, I decided to deactivate from settings, deleting the app and redowloading from the appstore.

Then i‘ve re-tried to backup from cloud with partial succes. There are several data missing: Flights, Flightlog incomplete, Flighttrack incomplete, Pilot profile empty, Aircraft Profils missing.

I started severals attemps to restore again, without more succes than before. I even had some crahes of the app during my attemps to restore.

Help from your side would be appreciated.

Philippe

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I‘ve done some more testing due to my problem mentioned above.

Seems that there is a problem loading the backup to the cloud.

I deleted the data within the iCloud, made a backup from the iPad which gave me a data volume of 3.6 mb

Same procedure again with the same iPad, data volume of 8.5 mb

In a third attemp there where only some 334 kb

No wonder that a backup from iCloud is incomplete with incomplete storage when backin up.

Hi Philippe,

I wonder if anyone is using this feature successfully!?
I had the same problem.
I updated from an iPad mini 2 retina to a current iPad mini 4.
As all and everything was on my iPad mini 2 that I used for years, I was happy about the iCloud feature.
I backuped the old iPad to the iCloud and tried to restore on the new iPad. Resulting in the same disaster that you experienced: Incomplete data, crashing app and also different data volumes of the backup.

I contacted the support and received the answer:
Hello Thomas, Your Service Request #00633732 has been escalated to me in Tier 2 Support. In your original email you state: "I just tried to backup the data of my iPad mini in order to restore it on a new iPad mini 4." The iPad Mini 1 and 2 are no longer supported and will not work correctly when attempting to use the Cloud Backup.  My apologies. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

I am not happy with this answer and it's for me just a "shut up".
Anyway, I transferred everything manually from old to new iPad.

After having done a clean app reinstall and re-entered data manually I could do a backup and restore successfully.
This backup and restore with little data worked fine for iPad2 and iPad4 (from same device to same device).

For the moment I am using the iCloud backup just for the iPad4 itself - and I can recognize, the more data gets accumulated the longer the backup takes - and I am afraid that after a year or so, the backup takes so long that it is again running into timeouts resulting in crippled iCloud backups..

Seems to me a feature that has not really been tested by Jeppesen and probably not compatible to typical upload speeds to iCloud.

But anyway: If there is anybody out there using this feature successfully I would be interested in how...

Best regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas

Actually I run two iPad mini Retina, Model A1489 and A1490. Never had troubles with baking up on one and restorinf on the second until the latest App ans iOS update. Since then this feature can no longer be used. I do not even try a restor from a  backup on the very same iPad the backup was made.

So back to the old system of route copying from one to the other until a solution is here.

I had some contact with Makus just before Christmas and explained the problem in detail with some screenshots, he’s looking with the devs.

Hi Phillippe,

An unintentional deactivation is definitely something we need to investigate. This issue will be forwarded to the development team.

Regarding the cloud issues:

You can try to temporarily delete all records in the cloud, and re-send a new data set.

Please perform the following steps:

1. Delete JeppFD VFR completely on the WiFi only device
  2. Install 2.2.1 from the AppStore and activate it on the WiFi only device
  3. Keep all fields empty and perform an (empty) cloud backup on the WiFi only device. Note: This might take up to 5 mins.
  4. Open 2.2.1 on the cellular device
  5. Perform a cloud backup on the cellular device
  6. Perform a cloud restore on the WiFi only device

If you still see crashes and/or incomplete data, the next step would be to kindly forward us the crash logs so that the dev team can check and evaluate them.

Cheers,

Mav

Hi Mav

I did the below like you mentioned.

Please perform the following steps:

1. Delete JeppFD VFR completely on the WiFi only device    
  2. Install 2.2.1 from the AppStore and activate it on the WiFi only device    ✅
  3. Keep all fields empty and perform an (empty) cloud backup on the WiFi only device. Note: This might take up to 5 mins.    ✅  9 seconds
  4. Open 2.2.1 on the cellular device   ✅
  5. Perform a cloud backup on the cellular device   ✅  1.5 minutes
  6. Perform a cloud restore on the WiFi only device   ✅   43 seconds and app crashes, incomplete data restored.

If you still see crashes and/or incomplete data, the next step would be to kindly forward us the crash logs so that the dev team can check and evaluate them.

Cheers,

Mav

What kind of crash log do you need? Is it a R2D2 file? Where should i send it?

Problem solved

Jeppesen did a fix on the Cloud, backup on masterpad with complete restore on slavepad successfull.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers Philippe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

PRODUCT SUPPORT

In this category you will find discussion which should support you in finding answers regarding general or technical questions.

122 discussions

PRODUCT TIPS & TRICKS

Here we share useful information about new features and functions of Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR.

1 discussions

© 2018   Jeppesen   Powered by

Badges  |     |  Terms of Service